Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 18, 2008

My 29th birthday













So I wasn't expecting much for my birthday. Let's face it, what a boring year, 29?! Aric had a big final on friday, the day before my birthday, and then needed to prepare an Oral surgery presentation on Monday. So I told him let's keep it low key, Arby's, or Chipotle. Whatever. I wasn't picky. We were just going to go to a movie with the kids and then Janee ,a friend of ours, was going to watch our kids while we go to to a real sit down restaurant since Aric convinced me that Arby's is a depressing place to go on my birthday. So we ended up going to see "Horton hears a Who." We just loved reading the book so we were all excited to see the movie. We are driving back home "the long way" we call it , or the scenic route to our house since we live on the edge of town. Aric ends up sitting in the back seat which I question and give him a funny look and he says he'd rather sit in the back with the kids, which happens on occasion when he is "in the dog house" and is scared to sit by me in the front seat. Which I haven't quite figured out why it is so bad to sit by me, but since I am pregnant and slightly realizing my emotional instability I let it slide. He is on his phone "checking his messages" which he does about once a year.

So Aric says he has alot to do tonight and lets just have pizza at home since he needs to get his presentation started. I don't really say anything but I wasn't really expecting much anyway since I knew it would be a busy weekend for him. We pull up to the house and the pizza man is there. A little weird, but hey atleast it's Papa John's. Then I see our friend's cars on the street. So the gig was up, but it was a surprise to walk into my own house and have our closest friends and all their kids sitting so patiently on the stairs yelling "Surprise!" It was my best birthday ever!! Jen, Lydia, Janee, and I laughed our heads off while our husbands just shook their heads and laughed at us. The kids just played, and atleast no one got seriously hurt. Thanks Aric and friends for the memorable surprise. This was my favorite birthday so far!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited that you've joined the madness; and just so you know, you'll have many more sleepless nights thinking of what you're going to write on your next blog. I've heard that the obsession tapers off, but I'm still waiting.

I can't wait to read your 100 things, and I will nag you until it's done. You'll have to go on to Jen and Janee's to check out their list of 100 things. They're so much fun!

Your blog looks great, and it was so much fun to read your perspective of the party. The parking was not something I thought about. Whoops. Anyway, that was such a fun night!

Jen said...

Joy, I am SO glad you finally started this. The obsession does taper. It is still addicting though. I LOVE to read about everyone else. I usually just work on it at night when kids are in bed. I would love a 100 things about you. It actually goes faster than you might think.

My favorite though, is getting on and seeing that someone has commented about my post. Just don't post any of your delivery like the blog I emailed to you, SICK!! Welcome to the world of blog geeks!

Janee said...

Joy,

If you are anything like me, Jen and Lydia will be the only people who actually post comments on your blog. I feel like they are the only two who read my blog. At least they will comment.

Your blog looks great and it was fun to read about that fun night. I still laugh whenever I think about how hard we were laughing.

You should definitely dig into the 100 things about me thing. It was hard for me...it took me two different posts to complete it but I am still thinking up more in my head that I could have added.

I re-sent an invitation to you to join my blog.

Lydia said...

I have to add my comment on the couple picture and how pathetic it is that I'm sitting right in the center without my husband. Jeff saw the picture and told me how sad it looked and that I should have at least sat on the side. I guess I didn't really think about that.

Joy said...

You guys are awesome! I LOVED reading all of your 100 things. Mine will soon be coming! You all inspired me.