Someone knocked on our door this morning and I asked Brecklen to see who it was. He didn't open the door because he didn't know the person. I wasn't feeling well and Aric happened to be home between surgeries to check up on me, so I called down to have him answer the door. He was cleaning up the kid's toys and he had a foam baseball bat of Brecklen's in his hand that looks just like a real one. He answered the door with the bat in his hand (wearing his scrubs that show his huge biceps). It was a Jehovah's Witness spreading God's message. Their interaction was brief and the man handed Aric a pamphlet and left. I was laughing when Aric shut the door and I said "Did you know you were holding the bat?"
Aric said "No, but he didn't stay long did he?"
3 comments:
That is hilarious! I would have ran off if I didn't know Aric and saw him standing there like that :-)
funny about aric & the bat, yeah, that's what happens to all religious missionaries when you tract & knock doors, that happened all the time on my mission (and all missionaries can attest to this).....people will always open the door, even when they shouldn't---i remember one guy came to the door wraped in a bed comforter-blanket who told me and my companion that he was on his honeymoon, but he said "we're married so it's alright, right priests," and he went on for a little bit about that, i guess he was being sure that he wasn't sinning before the Lord, that and many other interesting experiences....
Why would someone even bother opening the door?? Weird.
Post a Comment