Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mcd's

Since our house has been on the market some 20+ days, we have been kicked out multiple times and left stranded (well, not really) with no where to go. So my kids always ask "Can we go to McDonalds!" to which my reply is always (long pause, thinking of somewhere, anywhere better to go...) "yes, I guess so."

If I see another Cheeseburger, McChicken sandwhich, or Mc anything I may hurl. I always think I'm going to get something different this time, like a salad, but as the employee asks what I want, I never look at the menu, I just order the first thing off the top of my head because after 31 seconds of taking 3 happy meal orders, I've already ruined their streak of 15.7 second orders, it's too much pressure! So here are some pictures with good ol' Ronald McDonald. These do take place over the span of 3-4 visits in January, but really, who cares.

The best part for my kids is the marker tatoos done by a cranky woman who complains that she has lost her hearing working in the playplace. But really anyone would be cranky working there. It always smells like dirty diapers, and inevitably someone child has managed to spill their entire cup of chocolate milk (but of course that would NEVER be from MY child).

Usually the worker tells my kids that they have already maxed out their daily ration of 2 marker tattoos. To which my kids come crying to me to remedy the situation. To which I have to tell the worker that those were from yesterday and thanks for pointing out the fact that I am an awesome mom.


Hannah and her good friend Hallie



Madelyn and Ron have been good friends


Wait for it...



And there's the hug :)



Hannah, Mady, random girl in pink shirt, and Hannah's friend Ellen (in purple)


Breck and Hannah enjoying the delicious cookies that I may now have an addiction to.


Good times at McD's. For one or two hours I can mentally check out with the exception of the occasional glance to make sure they are still in the building, and playing nice.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Joy, this post made me laugh HARD!! I love how you called him Ron. I know you have lived there lately so it makes it that much more funny. I also know exactly what you mean about the girl that works there and does the tattoos. Cute pictures of all of the kids. Oh, it will all be over soon!!

I'm sure I will have a similar post in a year or so. Good luck!!