Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Our first pet
Hannah and I were swinging in the back yard when she saw this tiny frog about the size of a quarter. I picked up the frog and put it in her hand. She thought he was the cutest thing ever and wouldn't stop laughing and smiling. I love seeing her so happy. After a few times of jumping out of her hands he calmed down and stayed put. She was so excited to show Brecklen, as she is with everything. He loved it too. We decided to keep the little guy. I think I was as excited as they were to have a little pet, which Hannah called "Baby frog." I put him in a cardboard box for the night, gave him some food and water, and in the morning he was in the same place that he was when I put him in there. I didn't want to touch him to see if he was still alive because I didn't really want to know. The kids were so excited to see him and I told them he was still sleeping. Finally when Aric came home that night he touched the little guy and he was hard. Poor frog didn't even survive the night. So we had a little pet frog for less than a day. I wanted to go outside and replace him, but Aric said they needed to face the reality of death. The kids took him outside and put him under a tree in the backyard. They were sad for a little while, but those frogs are everywhere, so the kids are always picking them up and playing with them.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I'm glad the kids got to enjoy Mr. frog momentarily. I love those little frogs. Fun stuff. It's amazing how small they are really.
Next time you'll have to do a little froggy funeral, but then again if you did that you would have a backyard that would be turned in to a frog cemetary. What is it with those frogs? Why do they die so easily?
So sad for the frog. We have a dead frog in our garage that is rock hard and huge. I refuse to touch it and so does Jeff, so now it is a battle of will. We'll see who gives in first...
Your kids are so cute, and you are such a cute mom, loving every minute of them. I could totally imagine Hannah's cute reaction of the frog jumping out of her hand.
Post a Comment